- Nero made the most ostentatious palace ever built that no king, consul, or emperor of Rome would ever have thought of.
- Its huge golden dome thanks to which it received its name was one of the many extravagant elements of its decoration.
- This building had ceilings stocked with semi-precious stones and finished in ivory, precious mosaics, pools and fountains plus an artificial lake.
- Most of the walls were covered in frescoes, the rooms finished in white marble with shapes that played with light.
Tour of Domus Aurea
Have you heard of Domus Aurea?
If not, then NERO’S Golden Palace, another name for Domus Aurea, might ring a bell!
NERO, a famous Roman Emperor, wanted to be remembered in history for his reign. So, he initiated a project to transform Rome into a new city, “Neropolis”, following the Hellenistic model of Alexandria, a town with the orthogonal plane with squares and wide rectilinear streets.
Like Nero, Emperor Hadrian also built the gigantic Villa Tiburtina about 30 km from Rome.
The Domus Aurea was part of this planned construction.
He wanted an unmatchable palace to show his power and for practical purposes.
The Domus Aurea portrays that decadence that symbolized NERO’s name for centuries to come.
COVID-19: Travel safely
Updated: Aug 6, 2021
Traveling Documents Required
- From the 6th of August, all visitors above 12 years old are obligated to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test taken within the past 48 hours, i.e. to visit many historic sites like Domus Aurea here.
- Your documents should also be supported by a valid form of ID. So, don’t forget to bring these two items.
- Guests who arrive with incorrect or missing documents on the trip date will probably miss this trip.
In such a case, a No-refund policy exists.
We are here to answer any of your queries regarding the trip. Feel free in contacting us.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions During the trip
We take your health safety seriously by employing multiple measures:
- Employee and visitors’ temperature checks
- Sanitized high-traffic areas
- Compulsory face masks for visitors and our guides
- A highly regulated SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Freely available Hand sanitizers
- Regular Gear sanitization
- A selected number of visitors allowed on a trip for minimum crowd
(Safety measures in place)
Included in the Package
- Domus Aurea Ticket
- Live Tour Guide
- Skip The Line
- Mobile Tickets
- Hotel Pickup
- Food and Drinks.
Not suitable for
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Safety measures in place
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
WHO is considered FREE OF CHARGE?
Children under 6 years old; disabled people with health documentation; ICOM members; EU tour guides with professional licensed; Italian and foreign journalists with a card, only if previously accredited; companions(family member or member of social services) of EU citizens military and police officers on duty, 1 accompanying person per group; max 2 accompanying teachers per class.
Trip Rally Point
You just come directly to the Domus Aurea Entrance – Inside the wonderful Parco del Colle Oppio.
Here, you get to view the unforgettable, extravagant palace of NERO.
Just flash your tickets and join us on this breathtaking experience.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security.
Know before you Book
- You will receive a separate Email has your Tickets within 1h-24h, so kindly book your tickets before your arrival.
- This ticket cannot be canceled, amended, or refunded.
Specification: A Guided Tour of Domus Aurea Including The Building Site
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
From: € 26,00