- Our expert guide will give you a sweeping tour of Florence’s crown jewel, the Duomo with an account of how it was built.
- Get the chance to admire the solemn beauty and magnificence of the Duomo.
- Headphones will be provided for larger groups so that you do not miss any detail of the explanation given by the guide.
Tour of Florence’s Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral
The jewel of Florence is the term used to describe the famous Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore is a masterpiece of great majesty and artwork.
Let yourself be awed with our guided tour to this impressive Cathedral.
There lies a rich evolving history behind the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore.
COVID-19: Travel safely
Updated: Aug 6, 2021
Ancient Historical Background of the DUOMO
On this tour, you get to appreciate the ethereal artistry undertaken in building such a monument in both the exterior and interior.
Previous to the Duomo, an old church dedicated to Saint Reparata reportedly stood in the place of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore dating back to 393 AD. The church was in poor condition over time.
By the late 13th Century, in 1296, to be exact, the Italian architect and sculptor Arnolfo di Cambio introduced a Gothic flair to this majestic building.
The legendary engineer Filippo Brunelleschi made the Cathedral whole in 1436 by adding its famous brick dome.
Further, In the 19th Century, Emilio De Fabris introduced Gothic Revival fashion by designing a façade to the exterior.
The Piazza del Duomo has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It encompasses the Baptistery and Giotto’s Campanile,
The sheer scale of Florence Dome will leave you in wonder.
Not astonishingly, this Duomo is considered the largest brick dome globally.
RELIVE HISTORY WITH OUR HELPFUL GUIDE
You don’t need to wander the interior of this site alone. Your expert English, Spanish, or Italian-speaking guide will make your experience more productive by pointing out the exciting bits.
Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore carries in itself an intriguing tale that deserves to be explored.
In detail, you get to know the thinking pattern of the 14th and 15th Century engineers who constructed the Florence Duomo with its legendary dome.
The beautiful marble floors and stained-glass windows showcast a matchless loveliness.
Vasari’s ‘The Last Judgment is only one amongst the many charming frescos housed in the Cathedral.
This impressive Cathedral is a host of historical information and sights for those of you who respect and enjoy art in all its forms.
By the end of your Duomo walking tour, Florence’s most famous Cathedral will stay engraved in your mind and heart with its grand presence.
TRAVELLING Documents Details
Museums and archaeological sites across Italy will require all visitors above 12 years old to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test from the 6th of August.
The test should be taken within the past 48 hours to gain entrance.
Kindly note that a valid form of ID should substantiate your documents.
Guests arriving on the site-visit date with incorrect documentation risk not participating in the activity and will not be eligible for a refund.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly if you feel something about our trip services is unclear.
Safety MEASURES Adopted
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer readily available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles are regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides
- Equipment sanitized between uses
- Face masks are a must for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing is clearly implemented
- Staff temperature checks
Let’s summarize what features our tour includes for you:
- Access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore (Duomo) accompanied by an expert English, Spanish, or Italian-speaking guide.
- A Guided tour of 45 minutes in a small group
- Preferential route reserved exclusively for our group to access the area below the Dome.
- Entrance tickets are provided to the Museum of the Misericordia di Firenze, along with Headphones for larger groups.
- Hotel Pickup
- Food and Drinks.
- Access to the Bell Tower, the Dome, the Baptistry, and The Terraces.
Not suitable for
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Safety measures in place
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
Meet by Piazza del Duomo, 15R, 50129 Firenze FI – Kindly be there 20 Minutes before tour starting time.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
Noteworthy Things About this Tour
- Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or suffering from mobility disabilities.
- Additionally, people with back problems or heart conditions are discouraged from participating in this tour.
- The same goes for any pets you wish to bring along, i.e. NO ENTRY.
- Due to security concerns at the Cathedral entrance, extended waiting times may occur to enter the Duomo. So, be mentally prepared.
- Please note that this ticket grants access to the Cathedral only and does not include the Bell Tower, the Dome, the Baptistry, and The Terraces.
- Inside the Duomo, no big bag or luggage is allowed.
- We suggest you wear comfortable shoes.
Children aged 0-11 can go for free (carry a valid photo ID). Remember to select this Option while booking.
You can get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the scheduled tour.
Specification: A Guided Tour of Florence’s Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
From: € 12,00