Discover yourself in the Catacombs of Rome, Reach one of the largest and oldest catacombs of Rome and venture 52 feet (16 meters) below the surface into the otherworldly Crypts of Domitilla, Explore its endless maze of underground burial chambers, spread across 4 levels. Be captivated by ancient wall paintings of mythological and biblical figures and discover the religious symbolism of the frescoes.
Underground Rome Catacombs Tour
Explore the fascinating world of Ancient Rome on this guided Roman basilicas and underground catacombs Rome tour. Step back in time and discover the history and culture that made Rome one of the most powerful empires in history.
You’ll see how the Romans used their engineering skills to build some of the most impressive architecture in the world, and learn about their religious beliefs and burial customs. This is a must-see for anyone interested in ancient history!
Rome Catacombs Tour Summary in Detail
COVID-19: Travel safely
Updated: Aug 6, 2021
All visitors above the age of 12 will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test taken within the previous 48 hours as of August 6th in museums and archaeological sites across Italy.
Please keep in mind that the documents must be accompanied by a recognized form of identification.
Guests who arrive without the proper documents on the day of the event risk being unable to participate in activities and will not be able to get a refund. Please feel free to contact us if you require any additional information about Rome Catacombs tour.
Discover yourself in the Underground Catacombs Rome
Reach one of the largest and oldest catacombs of Rome and venture 52 feet (16 meters) below the surface into the otherworldly crypts of Domitilla.
Explore its endless maze of underground burial chambers, spread across 4 levels. Be captivated by ancient wall paintings of mythological and biblical figures and discover the religious symbolism of the frescoes.
Then, with your guide, continue along the historic Appian Way, passing the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis on your way to the old underground Catacombs Rome.
Explore these fascinating underground cemeteries, some of which date back to the 2nd century.
In the Roman Basilicas and Underground Catacombs Rome tour, you may see beautiful medieval artwork and learn about how these subterranean passageways provide a view into the early history of Christianity.
What You Can Look Forward To During Your Rome Catacombs Tour
- Temperature checks for employees on a regular basis
- Sanitized high-traffic areas on a regular basis
- Upon arrival, tour participants will be subjected to temperature checks.
- Travelers and workers in our Rome catacombs tour have access to hand sanitizer.
- Sanitation of transportation vehicles is performed on a regular basis.
- In public settings, guides must wear face masks.
- Between uses, gear/equipment is sterilized.
- Travelers in public places must wear face masks.
- Throughout the encounter, social separation is enforced.
What’s included in Our Underground Catacombs Rome Tour
- Entrance tickets
- Expert local Live guide
- Food and Drinks.
Not suitable for
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Reusable water bottle
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- There are safety precautions in place.
- All areas that customers come into contact with are cleaned on a regular basis.
- To avoid crowds, the number of visitors is limited.
Requirements Of The Traveler During Underground Rome Catacombs Tour
- You will be subjected to an obligatory temperature check in May.
Pickups starts at 10:00 AM or 2:00 PM
Important Information About Rome Catacombs Tour
Know before you go
- An appropriate dress-code is required in order to enter the churches: knees and shoulders should be covered
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
This underground Rome Catacombs tour is subject to weather conditions and calendar events. If canceled you will be given the option of an alternative date or before 48h to be cancelled for full refund. Contact us for more information about any of our day trips from Rome.
Specification: Semi Private Rome Underground Catacombs Tour Ancient Appian Way
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
From: € 63,00
There are no reviews yet.